- Instructor: asian
- Duration: 10 weeks
Masters of Commerce or MCom is a post graduate level course ideal for candidates who wish to make a career in banking financial services and insurance (BFSI) as well as accounting and commerce sectors. The 2-year course delves deeper into the functioning of the economy, capital, revenue, trade, taxes, etc. taught in BCom.
Since, MCom is a specialized area in itself, only those candidates who have pursued BCom or BCom (H), can go for it. MCom is also a good option for CA/CS candidates. However, not many CA/CS aspirants pursue MCom as CA/CS courses can be pursued after class 12.
MCom is most popular among aspiring teachers/lecturers and researchers. UGC-NET/JRF and PhD are among popular options for MCom degree holders.
Master of Commerce or M.Com. is a 2-year post-graduate master’s degree which focuses on Commerce, Accounting, Management and Economics related subjects.
- Minimum eligibility criteria for MCom is a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in BCom or BCom (Honours) or equivalent from a recognized university
- Some universities also induct students who have completed Economics (H), BBS, BFIA and BBE will a minimum score of 60% in aggregate or equivalent
- Reserved category students are entitled to marks relaxation of up to 5%
- State level universities also offer marks relaxation to home students
Career & Jobs
After completion of this program, a student can also find employment in both Private and Public Sector. An M.Com. degree holder can look for a career opportunity in public sector in various nationalized banks like State Bank of India, Union Bank etc. Railway Recruitment Board recruits these postgraduates for the post of Assistant Accounts/Audit Officer.
In Private Sector too, they can find employment in many roles such as:
- Finance manager
- Operation manager
- Financial analyst
- Assistant finance manager
- Account executive
They can also join Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HEC Ltd) as Accounts assistant. With experience, they can move up to the position of Senior Accounts Executive, Senior Executive of Corporate Sales or even ERP Functional Executive. Some of the top recruiters in the private sector for M.Com. are:
- YES Bank
- Canara Bank
- Export-Import Bank, India
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Nestle India
- Cadbury India
- AsianPaints India
The average salary offered to M.Com. graduates largely depend upon the sector of employment and the position held.